Client Service Associate
We’re on the hunt for a Client Service Associate with a proven track record to join an advisor team in our Cedar Rapids, Iowa office location. What is a "Client Service Associate" (or "CSA" as we call it internally)? Our CSAs work as a team to support our Advisors to provide an exceptional experience for our clients. Your job is to make our clients feel cared for and to solve their problems. To do this job well, you need to be comfortable solving problems without clear guidance and treating your clients like you treat your friends and loved ones.
As a member of the CSA team, you’ll focus primarily on supporting the client relationship, which means updating financial plans with information about the clients’ financial life (investments, insurance, annuities, wills and estates as examples). You won’t have clients of your own to manage, instead you’ll work with one or two advisors on their clients.
You should have an understanding of how to process financial transactions such as opening and maintaining accounts of various types and the movement of funds between accounts. You’ll also be expected to be proactive in communicating with advisors on needed discussions or actions involving the client, such as required minimum distributions, major life transition moments, or other needs.
Please realize that this is not a position for someone who wants to transition to an advisory role in the next three to five years. If you’re looking for an advisor trainee role, please inquire about our associate advisor role. This position is ideal for someone who has done administrative work for an advisor and has increased their capabilities so that they can do deeper work for the clients but doesn’t want to take on clients of their own.
That’s the high-level overview, but you might want to know more specifics…
How to succeed:
Successful CSAs at Basepoint Wealth will...
- Complete and process client account paperwork quickly and with as little disruption to the client and advisors as possible
- Communicate with clients and prospects clearly using proper written and spoken language
- Track all open requests closely, with obsessive attention to detail
- Build close relationships with clients by making them feel cared for
- Communicate as often as necessary with clients who have an outstanding request
- Keep client files organized and updated
- Log every activity and event related to your clients into our CRM, to ensure it is updated and current
- Be comfortable with cloud-based applications, e-signatures, and learning new software…all the time…because we don’t like status quo around here
- Be the intermediary between clients, advisors and our custodians, making sure the custodians do their job for the client while insulating the client from the grind
- Support other CSAs by filling in for them when they're sick or on vacation, when they are unseasonably busy or when they just need an extra hand
Exceptional CSAs will also…
- Deeply understand and operate our financial planning software
- Manage a large number of open requests at once and have the flexibility to manage shifting priorities. We are a high-touch, fast-evolving firm; you might have 25 different things hitting your desk and you’ll need to keep things on-track, on-time, and high quality
- Support our advisors in the planning process and make them trust you implicitly.
- Sit in on client meetings when necessary, and quickly come up with new scenarios on the fly. Rapid action is key to this position.
- Thrive in a support role, given that this position isn’t directly responsible for any client relationships
You’ll be highly likely to succeed if:
- You're an excellent communicator, on the phone, in person and in writing.
- You are obsessive about organization and task management. You probably organize your closet by color and alphabetize your spice rack.
- You sincerely love dealing with people. You treat your clients and your team like family.
- You make stuff happen. In fact, you're probably already thinking of a creative way to set yourself apart and get this job.
- People always ask you to help because when you say you're going to do something, you do it. Every time.
Does this sound interesting to you?
- Send a resume to email@example.com